Portable chargers (also known as power banks) are a must have device for smartphone users. Portable phone chargers enable you to recharge your iPhones or Android smartphones up to as many as 10 times without worrying about finding a power outlet. We have exhaustively used, tested and compiled this collection of best portable chargers currently available in the market to come with with our picks for best portable battery packs to suit every need, requirement and budget.
Best 1-2 Charge Portable Chargers (Smallest, Lightest Portable Chargers)
Best 2-3 Charge Portable Phone Chargers (USB-C) (Compact)
Best 5-6 Charge Portable Chargers (High capacity, Can charge Macbooks also)
Best PD Portable Chargers (8+ Charges, USB-C PD Premium Portable Power)
Best Compact, Light USB-C Portable Chargers for iPhones and Android Phones (3-4 charges)
Anker PowerCore Slim 10000 USB-C PD
PowerCore Slim 10000 PD is our top pick among mid-capacity phone chargers. The special thing about PowerCore Slim 10000 PD is that it is Anker’s lowest cost portable charger that offers fastest 18-watt USB-C charging for latest iPhone 14, 13, 12, 11, XR etc. (zero to 60% in 30 mins) and latest Android smartphones including Samsung S22, S20, etc. Besides, it will also charge older iPhones 8, 7 , 6, 5 etc. at fastest possible charging speeds.
PowerCore Slim 10000 PD will fully charge iPhone 12 mini, 8, 7, 6S three times and iPhone 14, 13, 12, 11, 11 Pro, XR, X, 8 Plus, 7 Plus twice. It charges Samsung S22, S21/S20 from 20% to 100% twice and S10, S9, S8, S7, etc twice.
PowerCore Slim 10000 PD weighs just 6.8 oz and is just .6 inches thick (5.4 x 2.4 x .6 inches) making it pocketable and easy to hold in the hand along with the phone. PowerCore Slim 10000 can be fully charged in 4 hours with a USB-C wall charger.
PowerCore Slim 10000 PD will charge most Android phones such as S21, S20, S10, S9, S8, S7 to about 50% in 30 minutes. This portable charger will charge iPhones 7 and older at fast 2.1 amp charging speed – about 50% in about 45 minutes.
- Slim, ultralight and compact
- Gets charged in 4 hours
- Smooth and consistent current output
- Supports fastest charging for Samsung S23 to S8 (18 watt USB-C)
- Supports fastest charging for latest iPhone 8, 8+, X, 11, 12, 13, 14 series from zero to 60% in 30 mins (18-30 watt USB-C PD charging)
- 12-watt fast charging for iPhone 7 and older.
- Pocketable design
- Solid build
- Anker customer service
- USB-C/USB-C cable included.
ZMI Powerpack 10000 Slim USB-C
ZMI 10000 USB-C 18-watt is our next pick as a 2-3 charge portable battery charger with USB-C. ZMI 10000 USB-C 18-watt 3.0 will fully charge iPhone 14/13/12/11 series two times and fully charge Samsung S22, S21, S20, S10, S9, S8, etc. two times. ZMI 10000 USB-C 18-watt has a very slim design with a width of just .63 inches and weighs about just 6.8 oz with exact dimensions of 5.75 x 0.63 x 2.83 inches.
The slim design and light weight make this portable charger one of the most pocketable and lightest 10000 mAH portable battery chargers in the market.
The highlight feature of ZMI 10000 USB-C 18-watt is that it has both USB-C input as well as output. USB-C output lets you recharge any latest iPhone phone such as iPhone 12/11 series and any latest Samsung up to 60% in 30 mins.
USB-C input lets you recharge the power bank in just 3.5 hours using a USB-C 3.0 wall charger. ZMI 10000 USB-C 18-watt will also charge all iPhones at from iPhone 12 to 8 super-fast.
Besides all these premium charging features for latest iPhones & Androids, ZMI 10000 USB-C 18-watt comes with premium fit and finish and a fabric outer surface.
- Extremely light and slim (.63 inches and 6.8 oz)
- Slim, ultralight and compact
- Supports fast charging for Samsung S/Note etc. (18 watt)
- Supports fastest charging for latest iPhone 8, 8+, X, 11, 12, 13, 14 series zero to 60% in 30 mins
- iPhone 7, 6, 5 (12 watt charging)
- Gets charged in 4 hours
- Pocketable design
- Excellent value for money
- Premium fabric finish
- Comes with two included cables USB-C/USB-C and USB-A to USB-C
Best 20000 mah Portable Chargers (5-6 charges)
Best USB-C PD Portable Chargers & High Capacity Portable Chargers
Anker PowerCore Essential 20000 USB-C PD
PowerCore Essential 20000 USB-C PD is our pick among best USB-C portable phone chargers with 20000mAH capacity. The highlight feature of PowerCore 20000 is that it supports the fastest 18-watt charging (zero to 60% in 30 mins) for latest all latest iPhones 14, 13, 12, 11, XR etc. and Android smartphones including Samsung S21, S20 etc. PowerCore 20000 will also charge older iPhones 7 , 7 Plus, 6, 5 etc. at fast 2.1 amp+ charging speeds.
This portable charger has adequate capacity to fully charge iPhone 12, 11, XR four times. It will charge iPhone 8, 7, 6S, 5 six times and iPhone 12, 11, XR, X, 8 Plus, 7 Plus four times. PowerCore 20000 weighs 13.5 oz and features Anker’s new textured grippy and scratch-resistant design that feels much better in the hand than the older design.
PowerCore 20000 can be fully charged in 4 hours with a USB-C PD wall charger.
PowerCore 20000 portable will charge most Android phones such as latest S21, S20 to about 50% in 30 minutes. PowerCore Essential 20000 will charge old iPhones 7, 7+ and older at fast 2.2 amp charging speed – about 50-60% in about 45 minutes.
- 20-watt USB-C fast charge input & Output
- Supports fastest charging for latest iPhone 8, 8+, X, 11, 12, 13, 14 (18-20 watt USB-C PD charging) and 12-watt fast charging for iPhone 7 and older.
- Gets charged in 5 hours despite the large capacity
- Highly consistent current output
- Delivers fast supported charging speeds for Samsung S/Note/A series etc. (18 watt Quickcharge 2.0)
- Delivers fastest charging speeds for iPhone 7, 6, 5 and 2nd fastest charging mode for iPhone 8, 8+, X (12 watt charging)
- Grippy, scratch resistant design with the new six-point indicator round clickable button
- Rock Solid build
- Ever Reliable Anker customer service
- Just one color option!
Anker PowerCore Speed 20000 PD
PowerCore Speed 20000 PD is currently our top picks as a future proof USB PD power bank for the latest and upcoming iPhones and Android smartphones. Apple’s latest iPhones (iPhone 12/11, 11 Pro, XR, XS, X, 8, and 8 Plus) now support 18-watt fast charging over USB C PD that enables zero to 60% charging of phone in 30 minutes. Similarly, almost all new Android smartphones also support 18-watt or higher USB C PD charging. PowerCore Speed 20000 PD portable charger can output a maximum of 24 watt of charging power over USB PD making it perfect for charging all new and upcoming smartphones at fastest possible speed.
PowerCore Speed PD is not as bulky as the 26800 mAh portable chargers and is priced quite well once you consider that it is bundled with a high quality PD wall charger which in itself costs much more if you buy directly from Apple (Apple stock iPhone chargers cannot fast charge the new iPhones).
PowerCore Speed 20000 PD has two ports (One USB C and a USB port). The powerbank weighs 13.5 oz and can charge iPhone 8, 7, 6S six times and iPhone 12/11, XR, X, 8 Plus, 7 Plus four times. PowerCore Speed 20000 PD will fully charge S10+and S9+ more than three times and Samsung S10, S9, S8, S7, etc. more than four times.
The powerbank will also charge Nintendo Switch at its highest speed (18 watt) and Macbooks at pretty decent 22.5 watt speed.
Thanks to its USB PD input feature, the PowerCore Speed 20000 PD portable charger can be fully charged in just 4 hours with the bundled PD wall charger.
- Lightest 20000 mAH USB C PD portable charger
- Supports fastest charging for all iPhones – from the latest iPhone 12/11 series 8, 8+, X, XR to old iPhone 7, 6, 5 etc.
- Supports fastest charging for Android smartphones including Samsung S21/20, S10, S9, S8, Note 20/10/9 etc.
- Bundled high quality 30 watt PD wall charger that can also act as fast charger for iPhones and Macbooks.
- Good value for money
- Dependable Anker customer service
- No option to buy without the bundled wall charger.
AmazonBasics 26800 45-watt USB-C PD
AmazonBasics 26800 45-watt USB-C PD is the lowest cost premium 45 watt USB-C PD portable charger in the market . The 45-watt USB-C PD output of AmazonBasics 26800 PD makes it a foolproof charger for latest iPhones and Android smartphones but also an excellent charger for Macbooks.
AmazonBasics 26800 PD has three output ports in all (one USB C and two regular USB). AmazonBasics 26800 45-watt USB-C PD is an especially great choice if you already have a USB C PD wall charger or a Macbook 29 watt wall charger and simply need a high capacity wall charger without any bundled wall charger.
This portable charger can charge iPhone 8, 7, 6S, 5s etc. eight times and the larger iPhone 12, 11, 11 Pro, XR, XS, X, 8 Plus, 7 Plus about six times. AmazonBasics 26800 PD will fully charge Samsung smartphones such as S9, S8, S7, S6 etc. five times.
AmazonBasics 26800 45-watt USB-C PD can be fully charged in 5 hours with ant 30 watt USB PD wall charger or a 29 watt (or higher) Macbook wall charger.
- Reasonably priced 45 watt USB-C PD charger with maximum TSA-allowed capacity
- Supports fastest charging for latest iPhone 8, 8+, X, 11, 12, 13, 14 zero to 60% in 30 mins (with 18-30 watt USB-C PD charging)
- Supports the fastest charging speeds for all iPhones – from the latest iPhone 8, 8+, X, 12, 11 series to old iPhone 7, 6, 5 etc.
- Supports the fastest charging speeds for latest Android smartphones including Samsung S21, S20, S10, S9 etc.
- Charges Macbooks at excellent 45 watt speeds.
- Three charging ports
- Excellent value for money
- Available without a wall charger. You can also club it with any good wall charger such as Anker 30 watt PD wall charger
- Good AmazonBasics service and Warranty service
- 16 oz weight.
- A bundled PD wall charger option would have been great
Anker PowerCore 26800 45-watt USB-C PD with 60-watt PD wall charger
Anker PowerCore 26800 PD is a future-proof 45 watt USB C PD portable charger (powerbank) for latest iPhones and Androids as well as Macbooks and ultrabooks. It is available with a bundled PD wall charger and is our top pick among portable chargers with the highest TSA allowed battery capacity. The high capacity also makes PowerCore 26800 PD a great charger for Macbooks and ultrabooks, and USB-C laptops.
PowerCore 26800 PD will fully charge Samsung S/Note series etc. Up to five times. It will charge iPhone 8, 7, 6S, 5 an incredible eight times and iPhone 14, 13, 12, 11, 11 Pro, XR, X, 8 Plus, 7 Plus five times. Anker PowerCore 26800 PD weighs 19 oz (about 600 grams) and comes in a very sturdy design.
The PowerCore 26800 PD can be fully charged in just 3.5 hours with the Macbook 61 watt wall charger or the bundled 60 watt PD wall charger.
- Future proof 45-watt USB PD wall charger
- Gets charged in just 3.5 hours despite the large capacity
- Supports fastest charging speeds for latest Android USB-C smartphones including Samsung S10, S9, S9+, S8, S8+, S7, S6, Note 8 etc. (18 watt Quickcharge 2.0)
- Supports fastest charging speeds the entire range of iPhones – including the new iPhone 12, 11, 11, 11 Pro, XR, XS, X, 8, 8 Plus, and iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6, 6S, 5S.
- Robust premium build quality
- Dependable Anker customer service and warranty
- Bundled 60 watt PD wall charger can fast charge new iPhones.
- Good value for money compared to any other 45-watt PD portable charger in the market.
- No option to purchase without the bundled PD wall charger.
Best Smallest Portable Phone Chargers for iPhones and Android Phones
Best Slimmest & Lightest Portable Charger
Luxtude PowerEasy 5000mah Ultra Slim Portable Charger with built-in Lightning or USB-C cable
5000 mAH battery capacity of Luxtude PowerEasy 5000 is adequate for the power bank to fully charge small-screen iPhones (iPhone 8, 7, 6/6s, 5s SE, etc). from zero to 100% two times! It will even charges the bigger-battery large-screen iPhones (14, 13, 12, 11/11 Pro, XS, XR, X, 8+, 7+, 6+) from 40% to 100% about two times. The power bank will charge most Android phones such as Samsung S10/S9/S8/S7 minimum about one time.
Luxtude PowerEasy 5000 portable charger comes in two in-built cable options –
Luxtude PowerEasy 5000 with in-built Mfi certified Lightning cable for charging iPhones
Luxtude PowerEasy 5000 with in-built USB-C cable for charging Samsung S10/S9/S8 or other Android phones
Tip: A 2.4 amp charger will also charge your iPhone twice as fast as Apple charger and with a dual port 2.4 amp charger you can charge both your iPhone and the portable charger super-quick at same time.
- .3 inch (8mm) thicknes makes it one of slimmest portable chargers around
- Easy to grip in hand with phone or keep in pockets
- Charges iPhones twice as fast (12-watt) as stock Apple phone chargers (5-watt)
- Fast-charges both Android phones & iPhones from zero to 50% in 35-50 minutes (2.1 amp charging).
- Just 4.5 oz or 128 gram weight
- Fully charges all small-screen iPhones two times
- Charges all Android phones S10/S9/S8 minimum one time and big-screen iPhones (11, XS, XR, X, 8+, 7+, 6+) 1.2 times (40% to 100% two times)
- Excellent quality in-built Mfi Lightning Cable or USB-C cable included – No need for carrying separate cable
Anker Astro E1 6700
Astro E1 6700 is Anker’s previous generation 6700 mAH powerbank model. Astro E1 6700 is priced slightly lower than the newer PowerCore II 6700 portable charger.
Despite its age, the Astro E1 6700 is an excellent ultra-compact, and light weight and low cost phone charger with its only drawback being it slow charging speed as it takes about 5.5 hours to charge itself fully.
There are three key differences between PowerCore II 6700 and Astro E1 6700 –
- Astro E1 6700 has a slightly lower price than PowerCore II 6700
- Astro E1 takes 5.5 hrs to fully charge itself compared to 3 hrs taken to charge PowerCore II 6700
- Astro E1 6700 has a side on/off button instead of the clickable round button of PowerCore II
- Astro E1 has a four-point led battery status indicator while PowerCore II 6700 has a better 6-point status indicator.
- Astro E1 6700 has a plastic gloss finish that is not as grippy and cool looking as newer PowerCore II 6700
- Astro E1 6700 weighs slights more (4.4 oz) compared to 4.1 oz of PowerCore II 6700
Astro E1 6700 will fully charge iPhone 7, 8, 6S twice and charge Samsung S9, S8, S7, etc. from 35% to 100% twice (about 1.3 charges). Astro E1 6700 weighs just 4.4 oz (120 gm) and has exactly same dimensions as PowerCore II 6700 – 2 inches x 3 inches x .9 inches. Astro E1 6700 also has same 2 amp charging speed that charges charge most iPhones and Android phones to about 50% in about 45 minutes.
- Reasonable price
- Ultralight and compact portable charger.
- Smooth charging current output
- 2 amp fast charging for iPhones and Androids
- Available in cool 4 colors
- Solid long-lasting build
- Excellent Anker customer service
- It takes 5.5 hrs to recharge this power bank
Anker PowerCore Wireless 5000 for iPhone 12 series
Anker PowerCore Wireless 5000 is our top pick as best MagSafe compatible compact, light weight, wireless compact portable charger for iPhone 12 series phones. At 4 oz (120 gm), it is remarkably light in the pocket and weighs same as most modern smartphones.
Anker PowerCore Wireless 5000 will fully charge an iPhone SE 2020, 8, 7, or an iPhone 6S from 20% to 100% two times. It will also charge Samsung S21, S20, S10, S9, S8, S7, etc. and Apple iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 11, 11 Pro, XR, XS, X, XS Max, 8 Plus etc. from 20% to 80% two times.
Anker PowerCore Wireless 5000 weighs just 4 oz (120 grams) and is very tiny at just 3.7 x 2.5 x 0.63 inches. This portable charger has a modern scratch resistant grippy design. Anker PowerCore Wireless 5000 can be fully charged in just 2 hours as it supports 2 amp charging for the powerbank. It will charge all iPhones at twice the speed of Apple iPhone charger (5-watts).
It also charges all Android phones at about zero to 50% in 50-60 minutes speed (2.4 amp fast charging). This means it will charge iPhones 8, 7, 6s etc. from zero to about 50% in about 35-40 minutes and most Android phones to about 35-50% in 45 minutes.
Anker PowerCore Wireless 5000 Pros
- Ultralight and compact portable charger
- Charges iPhones at twice the speed of Apple iPhone 5-watt charger in wired mode
- Weighs just 4 oz or 120 grams
- Gets charged in 2 hours
- Smooth charging current output
- 2.4 amp fast charging for iPhones and Androids
- 4-point LED battery indicator
- Elegant design. Best design among compact chargers.
- Solid long-lasting build
Best Micro-USB Portable charger
Anker PowerCore 20100
PowerCore 20100 rules when it comes to low cost high capacity chargers that are also lightweight as well. PowerCore 20100 is an all-round champion thanks to its light weight, good capacity, and lower price than fancier Quickcharge portable chargers.
PowerCore 20100 has two 2.4 amp ports with max combined output of 4.8 amp. This means it can simultaneously charge two iPhones (iPhone 7/6s/5s) at fastest possible speed. The highlight feature of PowerCore 20100 portable charger is its low weight (12.5 oz) which makes it the lightest 20100 mAh charger in the market. PowerCore 20100 will charge iPhone 8, 7, 6S six times and iPhone 11, XR, X, 8 Plus, 7 Plus almost five times. It will fully charge Samsung S10, S9, S8, S7, etc. four times.
PowerCore 20100 can be fully charged in 10 hours with a 2.4 amp wall charger. PowerCore 20100 charges most Android and iPhones such at up to 2.4 amp max charging speed – about 35 to 50% in about 45 minutes.
- Lightest 20000 mAH portable charger
- Supports fastest charging for iPhone 7, 6, 5 and 2nd fastest charging mode for iPhone 8, 8+, X (12 watt charging)
- Consistent current output
- Supports 12 watt fast charging for all Android smartphones including Samsung S10, S10+, S9, S9+, S8, S8+, S7, S6, Note 8 etc.
- Pocketable design
- Excellent value for money
- Solid build
- Great Anker customer service
- Takes 10 hours to charge.
9 thoughts on “Best Portable Chargers & Power Banks 2023”
Can Anker 20000 Powercore charge my Samsung Galaxy note 10 and MacBook pro 13″
The Anker PowerCore 20000 can charge the Note 10 but not the MacBook Pro 13. For charging the Macbook Pro, you will need minimum 45-watt powerbank such as the Anker PowerCore III 19200 60-watt.
Hi! this site is great but i’m still not sure what to get. i’m looking for a portable charger with dual charge ability mainly for my Pixel 2 and wifes iphone SE but also a chromebook asus302 on rare occasion. would the Anker 10000 PD fit the bill?
Hi Matt, PowerCore 10000 PD will be an excellent portable charger for charging your Pixel 2 and iPhone SE. However, it will not be able to charge your Chromebook Asus C302 as the Chromebook draws much higher charging current.
To charge the both phones (Pixel 2, iPhone SE) and the Chromebook, our top recommendation is RAVPower 20000 45-watt PD 3.0 portable charger. This portable charger can provide adequate 45-watt charging power (and enough battery capacity) for charging all your three devices, including the Asus Chromebook C302.
Hey! Love your site and hoping you can help. My wife and I are taking a trip and have 2x moto g4s and might also bring our samsung digital camera. We will do a little hiking, but no situation where we will go more than 12 hours without access to a charger. I am leaning towards RAVPower, mostly because they seem fairly trustworthy and the price is right.
Based on your suggestion above, the RAVPower 10000 QC3 would be a good pick at $23.99 a piece after the current promotion, totaling approx $48 for two of them before tax (one for each of us).
However, there is also a promotion where I can get the RAVPower 10000 QC and the RAVPower 22000 for $62 before tax.
22000 does not appear to have Qualcomm QC. Should I stick with the 2 x RAVPower 10000?
We will recommend the RAVPower 10000 QC3 due to its extremely useful Quick recharging/charging features supported by your Moto G4 Plus phones, much lower weight and lower price as well as your charging requirements (less than 12 hrs). RAVPower 10000 QC3 is also slim and light enough to use on the go as well. Weight is a very important consideration here as you will save a full 1-pound (~450 gm) weight by opting for the RAVPower 10000 QC3.
Another handy advantage of RAVPower 10000 QC3 over the RAVPower 22000 is that you can use your Moto G4 Plus Turbo wall chargers for rapidly charging the RAVPower 10000 QC3 powerbanks as well.
PS. Also, in case you want to charge all 5 devices (2 phones + 2 powerbanks + camera) from one AC outlet simultaneously, for ease of use/packing, you can consider a good 5 port USB wall charger with QC 3.0 such as Anker 63 watt 5-port wall charger. It has 2 quick charging ports to top-up QC 3.0 powerbanks (or phones) at maximum speeds and 3 other USB ports. RAVPower also has 4/6 port chargers but Anker 5-port wall charger’s 63 watt total output and 2 Quickcharging ports is better than similar RAVpower wall charger (60 watt, 5ports, 1 QC port0 for about $5 extra.
Thank you very much for your input! Just ordered 2x ravpower 10000 and made sure to use your links : ) I will see how things go on this trip and keep the 5 port charger in mind for the future. Thanks again and have a wonderful night/day!
Per an Anker phone support rep, Walmart is currently selling the Anker PowerCore Speed 20000 PD without a wall charger for $69.99. Make sure the one u buy has the large blue PD sticker on the box. (Model# A1275)
Also, I think it would be a great idea to add a section on well reviewed / quality USB-C cables as this especially important for those ppl wanting to properly power their Macbook or Chrome laptops. I had a difficult time confirming the quality of the usb-c to usb-c cables on Amazon trying to find a one capable of handling 5a/100w.
Hi John, Thanks for the suggestions, We will be updating the page with the new Anker powerbank model # A1275 once we review it. We will also soon be adding a section with quality USB-C cables.